A domain name is essential to give your business a unique web address and online presence. The domain name you select should be unique, easy to remember and easy to type. The longer the domain name, the easier it is for people to mistype your domain name and not find your website.
You may choose to select a domain that is an exact match to your business name, a shortened version of your business name, or even an acronym. Alternatively, you might like choose a domain name that reflects the products you sell, or the services you provide.
With the exception of the very tech-savvy, most people who use the web still make the automatic assumption that .com is all that's out there - don't make the mistake of locking out or losing traffic to these folks and for this reason I recommend using .com extension or and extension which represents your country. Eg. For an Australian registered businesses I recommend using .com.au More information on domain name extensions at bottom of page.
.com.au $16.95 per year
.net.au $16.95 per year
.org.au $16.95 per year
World wide Domains
.com $19.95 per year
.net $19.95 per year
.org $19.95 per year
A strong domain name is the key to your Internet presence. It should be recognizable and relate to your business name, brand, product, and/or activities. Make sure it fits on a business card and is easy to remember whether seen in print or mentioned over the phone.
Use the name people know you by. Don't abbreviate, unless the abbreviation is your company's trademark. Ask your co-workers, your customers, your friends, and your family what domain name they'd expect your company to have.
Don't forget to include your domain name in your site's logo and put your domain name on all company promotional materials such as business cards and stationary.
Sometimes, it isn’t a bad idea to register several similar domain names. If you have "yourname.com", register "yourname.net" so no one else takes it. You can register your full company name and a shorter, easier to remember version. Some people even register common misspellings of their company’s name. (You don’t need a separate Web page for each. Several domains can point to the same Website.)
DOMAIN NAME EXTENSIONS
Extensions are categories of Internet domain names.
There are several of them to choose from:.com.au is the country code for Australia.
- .com.au is the country code for Australia. To register a .com.au domain name, you must be:
- an Australian registered company; or
- trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory; or
- an Australian partnership or sole trader;
- a foreign company licensed to trade in Australia;
- or an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark;
- or an applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark;
- or an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory;
- or an Australian commercial statutory body.
- .com represents the word "commercial," and is the most widely used extension in the world. Most businesses prefer a .com domain name because it is a highly recognized symbol for having a business presence on the Internet.
- .net represents the word "network," and is most commonly used by Internet service providers, Web-hosting companies or other businesses that are directly involved in the infrastructure of the Internet. Additionally, some businesses choose domain names with a .net extension for their intranet Websites.
- .org represents the word "organization," and is primarily used by non-profits groups or trade associations.
- .biz is used for small business Web sites.
- .info is for credible resource Web sites and signifies a "resource" web site. It's the most popular extension beyond .com, .net and .org.
- .us is for American Web sites and is the newest extension. It has the largest amount of available names in inventory.
- .biz extension. It is unrestricted and may be registered by anyone, from any country.
- .tv is for rich content/multi-media Web sites, commonly used within the entertainment or media industry.
Thanks Angie for all the help with the website. I needed to get it up and running quick and fast and you really helped me achieve my goal. It's also good to know I have someone to help me as my needs and business grows. Thanks again for all your time, help and support. Regards, Howard Colin-Thome
Thanks ever so much for my website, I'm really happy with it. You have been a pleasure to work with and very helpful throughout the whole process, going the extra mile to make it look exactly how I wanted it to, and making all the adjustments I asked for. Will be in touch when I need another website!
Thank you for your patience and guidance during the building process of my new website.
Keep in mind!
First page Google ranking is achievable but it won't happen over night. We use a combination of techniques which are implemented through an intense SEO plan. It is an ongoing process and your ranking position can change if you do not continue implementing search engine optimisation on a regular basis.